7/01/2020

We published a New Book!

"double2 The Freedom to Dream 2020
 (bilingual edition)




“Double” connects the past and the present for my wife and I. It is a memory-log of our children. It’s underlying premise is the same for many people. The “I” from whose perspective it is written I am sure is just like the children of many other families; just like you were when you were a child.
From this point in time, we cannot go back and increase the past. I have not recorded anything special here. It is our daily life which is so precious. It is so easy to forget. I wanted to indelibly imprint it on my soul. I looked through the viewfinder of the camera with that in mind, hearing Noa’s voice threaded throughout.

I am certain of one thing.
If everyone were to try to remember how they were as a baby, even if only through photographs, then their true selves would be revealed and parents wouldn’t abuse their children, children wouldn’t stab their parents to death; tragic incidents would decrease dramatically. No one is born with an evil spirit.



Double2 The Freedom to Dream is the long hoped, complete English-Japanese bilingual edition.
Additionally, this bilingual edition provides updates on the thoughts of Double and the family's life during the reunion of the family in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
 
Kazuhiko Iimura